Chelsea boss Tuchel prioritising Leeds over Zenit

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel prioritising Leeds over Zenit

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel admits he's prioritising their clash with Leeds United ahead of tonight's Champions League clash at Zenit St Petersburg.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1ac50470f06e0627816a91512da3807e.jpeg

Tuchel has made it clear that the title race is his immediate concern, despite needing to win in Russia tonight to be sure of topping Group H and avoiding potential showdowns with Bayern Munich or Real Madrid in the round of 16.

Tuchel suggested he will make changes to ensure his injury-hit squad is fresh enough to face Leeds.

He said: “The problem is the next match on Saturday. We will lose time to sleep, we will arrive back in the very early morning of Thursday. And on Saturday we will face a very intense team of Leeds, who have prepared the whole week for this match.

"So long story, short message, there's a huge chance that we rest some players and maybe more importantly we give some players the load who need the load, the minutes and rhythm, to put it another way."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd