Willem Dafoe Teases Green Goblin Suit Upgrades in Spider-Man: No Way Home

Forum 2 years ago

Willem Dafoe Teases Green Goblin Suit Upgrades in Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man: No Way Home is just a week away from release, and ahead of its premiere, actor Willem Dafoe teased how his Green Goblin costume might be much different in this film.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b5728e47ad2a86963fd6d7833833f04a.jpg

“The costumes are much more comfortable than they were before,” Dafoe said during a recent panel at CCXP, where he was joined by Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx. “I remember the initial fitting, to create the costume for the Green Goblin. I stood there for eight hours, and they put different pre-formed pieces on me. Now, they scan me, and they can design it and then make the costume and then try it on me. It’s a huge leap in technology. And they’re more flexible, we can do more things with them.”

Dafoe went on to tease that things may look a little different for the iconic Green Goblin in this film, including how his suit looks and what type of weapons he’ll have at his disposal.

“[The suit] looks a little different,” Dafoe said. “Old Norman and the Goblin are further down the line, and they have a few more tricks up their sleeve, so it’s not an exact [replica], there have been upgrades on the costume, I’d say.”

Spider-Man: No Way Home sees the return of Tom Holland as the beloved titular wall-crawler, who will now be joined by Benedict Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange. The threequel will also feature the return of Spider-Man vets Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2) as Doc Ock, Willem Dafoe (Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy), Jamie Foxx (The Amazing Spider-Man 2) as Electro, Thomas Haden Church (Spider-Man 3) as Sandman, and Rhys Ifans (The Amazing Spider-Man) as Lizard.

Joining them are Zendaya (Euphoria, Dune) as MJ, Jacob Batalon (50 States of Fright) as Ned, Marisa Tomei (The King of Staten Island) as Aunt May, Jon Favreau as Happy, Tony Revolori (The French Dispatch) as Flash, and Hannibal Buress (Tag) as Coach Wilson.

Spider-Man: No Way Home is once again directed by Jon Watts from a screenplay written by Chris McKenna, and Erik Sommers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 8 hours ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 18 hours ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 18 hours ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home