DO YOU AGREE? “Nigerians Are Reluctant To Report Corruption” – Federal Government

Forum 2 years ago

DO YOU AGREE? “Nigerians Are Reluctant To Report Corruption” – Federal Government

The Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption, Sadiq Raddah stated that this is because many are afraid to die even for a good cause.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8ab4989aeaa0ebdd24fa3d6b93eaec87.jpg

The Federal Government has stated that Nigerians are reluctant to report corrupt practices to relevant agencies for prosecution due to fear.

Speaking at the public presentation of the report of a survey on five years of whistle-blowing policy in Nigeria carried out by the African Centre for Media and Information Literacy, Executive Secretary, Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption, Sadiq Raddah stated that this is because many are afraid to die even for a good cause.

Raddah who urged such individuals not to be afraid, however asked them not to be careless.

He said:-

“Since the idea of whistleblowing began, we have realised some problems by people who want to blow the whistle.

“Yes, it is good to be afraid but if you become captive of fear and you want to be righteous, you end up being a captive without delivering.

”I have always said we must be willing to pay the price for doing what is good, including losing our lives.

“I have said several times that nobody wants to die but it is not bad to die while trying to pursue what is good. So people who want to blow the party history across the country, please try not to be afraid but indeed don’t be careless”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 6 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 6 days ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

AY Makun drags blogger SDK over report on crashed marriage, calls her wicked
Forum | 1 week ago

AY Makun drags blogger SDK over report on crashed marriage, calls her wicked