​Aston Villa manager Gerrard pleased with striker selection problem

Forum 2 years ago

​Aston Villa manager Gerrard pleased with striker selection problem

Aston Villa boss Steven Gerrard says he is very happy with the attackers at his disposal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/497c2d0f3245afdc93c70ed7aff4e63f.jpeg

Gerrard has to figure out the best way to incorporate a plethora of attacking talent into his team sheet each game.

Ollie Watkins and Danny Ings are both sharp strikers, but neither have yet shown their best form when playing together.

"I see it very much as a positive problem, if there's such a thing," said Gerrard, per Express and Star.

"For me, it would be more of a challenge and more of a problem if Danny and Ollie could only play as number nines – if they were the same type and had the same style.

"They're both talented enough and have great game awareness. They can adapt. They can both play as a number nine, a number 10. They can both rotate.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 1 week ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 1 week ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash