Rihanna Named Barbados’ National Hero As The Country Celebrates Its Republican Status

Forum 2 years ago

Rihanna Named Barbados’ National Hero As The Country Celebrates Its Republican Status

Singer and businesswoman, Rihanna was honored as part of the celebrations marking Barbados’ transition to a republic, with president-elect Sandra Mason set to take over as head of state after the country announced last year that it would sever ties with the monarchy.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d20111c04de8361fae6e03bd27d3c51d.jpeg

With the generosity and charity she performs to enhance the standard of living of her people, artist Rihanna demonstrates that she is more than a musician, a business magnate, but a very proud citizen of her country.

The announcement was made today as part of the celebrations marking Barbados’ transition to a republic, with president-elect Sandra Mason set to take over as head of state after the country announced last year that it would sever ties with the monarchy.

Rihanna is honoured as a National Hero in Bridgetown, Barbados during the inauguration ceremony for president-elect Sandra Mason.

At its republican celebrations in her hometown of Bridgetown, Barbados declared the hit singer a national hero. ‘On behalf of a grateful nation, but an even prouder people, we, therefore, present to you, the designee, for a national hero of Barbados, ambassador Robyn Rihanna Fenty, may you continue to shine like a diamond,’ said the country’s prime minister, Mia Mottley. “May you continue to shine like a diamond and bring honor to your country through your works and actions.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8d85690285088373df3c046d59cccbf1.jpeg

Rihanna was born in Barbados in 1988 and nurtured in Bridgetown until she was discovered as a teenager by American record producer Evan Rogers and moved to the United States to pursue a career.

The singer was appointed as a Barbadian cultural ambassador in 2008. In 2018, Rihanna was named Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary for her native nation, a post that includes promoting education, tourism, and investment.

When the Barbados government announced plans last year to “fully leave” their “colonial past behind” by becoming a republic in 2021, fans joked that Rihanna should take over as head of state in place of Queen Elizabeth II.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 20 hours ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 1 day ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Former Wife Of Ooni, Olori Naomi Celebrates 31st Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

Former Wife Of Ooni, Olori Naomi Celebrates 31st Birthday