EP REVIEW: Ruger - "The Second Wave"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Ruger - "The Second Wave"

Over the weekend, Jonzing World's new recording artist, Ruger dished out his sophomore project tagged "The Second Wave EP".

Recall Ruger released his first song titled 'One Shirt' featuring his boss, D'Prince, and label mate Rema. The young Nigerian singer and songwriter, Ruger joined Jonzing World early this year just like Rema did in 2019. He also went on to release a 5-tracks debut extended play tagged 'Pandemic EP'.

The EP was more or less successful, giving him hit songs like Bounce, Ruger, and Abu Dhabi. After being invited to Burna Boy's show at the o2 London earlier on and moving on to perform in clubs in and outside the country, Ruger teams up with Kukbeats for 'The Second Wave'.

Here is a candid review of the 'The Second Wave EP' by Ruger

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5adb7fc6b075793301b04cbccad74d5f.png

• The first song Champion is a slow-paced afro-fusion tune. Ruger talks about his wins and how he appreciates every love he has been sown since he came through.

• Useless by Ruger off The Second Wave EP is a groovy tune. Kukbeats gave Ruger a progressive hard tune to lay his reggae-infused melodies.

• The intro on this one is so spiritual. The chords on this are something. Snapchat is one of my favourites on this project. It is a potential hit song that could do so well with a TikTok challenge.

• The last track Dior is a banger. The groove is spectacular same as Ruger's lyrics. This is my best track on the EP. It has a huge potential to say the least.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.3/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time
Forum | 2 days ago

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Nia DaCosta in Talks to Direct Second 28 Years Later Movie

I’ll Finish Obaseki’s Second Term Strong — Edo Dep Gov, Marvellous Omobayo
Forum | 1 week ago

I’ll Finish Obaseki’s Second Term Strong — Edo Dep Gov, Marvellous Omobayo

Secondus Fires Back At Wike Over ‘Expired Politicians, Political Vampires’ Critique
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Secondus Fires Back At Wike Over ‘Expired Politicians, Political Vampires’ Critique