TALK ZONE!! Have You Ever Thought You Were In A Relationship, Only To Find Out That You Were Dating Yourself? (Share Your Experience)

Forum 2 years ago

TALK ZONE!! Have You Ever Thought You Were In A Relationship, Only To Find Out That You Were Dating Yourself? (Share Your Experience)

To you reading this, how sure are that the person you’re dating is dating you?

I knew a guy in college named Emeka. He was a really nice and friendly guy, but a bit socially awkward.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/97bb314f7fc5f3a03a31342f652f425f.jpg

Emeka told me that he had a girlfriend, and would frequently talk about her. As I never had any reason to doubt his claims, I trusted him and took his word for it.

A few months after I’d met him, we ran into each other at our school’s library, and chatted for a bit. I don’t remember how the topic got brought up, but I asked him how things were going with his girlfriend.

“I… I don’t have one anymore.” Emeka mumbled, averting his gaze from me.

“Oh, sorry to hear that. I assume you two broke up?” I asked.

“Sort of.” He hung his head. “I was telling her how happy I was that we could spend our anniversary together, and that I hoped we’d have many more. She responded by saying “I was never your girlfriend.”

I was completely confused. “Not your girlfriend? What do you mean? How is that possible?”

Lol, well unfortunately, this is the reality of many right now. Thinking they are in a relationship, not knowing that they were dating themselves.

Have your experience this before?

Have You Ever Thought You Were In A Relationship, Only To Find Out That You Were Dating Yourself? (Share Your Experience)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Woman Conflicted About Telling One Of Her Friends That Her Other Friend Is Dating Her Husband
Forum | 11 hours ago

Woman Conflicted About Telling One Of Her Friends That Her Other Friend Is Dating Her Husband

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot
Forum | 3 days ago

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 6 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship