Man Utd caretaker boss Carrick praises three players after Villarreal win

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd caretaker boss Carrick praises three players after Villarreal win

Michael Carrick praised Fred, Cristiano Ronaldo and Jadon Sancho after Tuesday's win over Villarreal.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/46a5826be728b787682ca4779420d4aa.jpeg

Fred dispossessed Etienne Capoue which helped Ronaldo score the opening goal of the game after 78 minutes.

Sancho then fired in a shot off the crossbar to seal the 2-0 victory.

Speaking after the game, Carrick said: "Fred's done fantastic for us, what Fred does, he's done fantastic and won that ball back, we looked for that. And Ronaldo when he gets that chance puts it away. Ticks another one off his list.

"To finish it off, Jadon was brilliant. I know how much Jadon loves the ball at his feet and trying to make things happen, it's where he's happiest. But on the other side of the game, he put a real effort in defence and it was a big night for him.

"I said to the players it's not been an easy couple of days for everyone at the club, I can enjoy it so much but that result feels like it's for Ole and I can't get away from that.

"We had a job to do and when I was there and things needed to be taken care of I was happy to do it and thankfully it all want to plan at the end."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 3 hours ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 3 hours ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery
Forum | 1 day ago

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery