Man Utd interim coach Carrick on Villarreal win: That one was for Ole

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd interim coach Carrick on Villarreal win: That one was for Ole

Michael Carrick says Manchester United's win over Villarreal was for former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/46a5826be728b787682ca4779420d4aa.jpeg

Carrick was placed in charge as interim manager against Villarreal after Solskjaer was sacked on Sunday.

The Red Devils ran out 2-0 winners thanks to late goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Jadon Sancho, booking their place in the Champions League last-16 phase.

Speaking after the game, Carrick said: "I said to the players it's not been an easy couple of days for everyone at the club, I can enjoy it so much but that result feels like it's for Ole and I can't get away from that.

"We had a job to do and when I was there and things needed to be taken care of I was happy to do it and thankfully it all want to plan at the end."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa