Netflix's Bridgerton Season 2 Officially Wraps Production

Forum 2 years ago

Netflix's Bridgerton Season 2 Officially Wraps Production

Series creator Chris Van Dusen took to Instagram to reveal that production on the upcoming second season of Netflix’s hit romantic drama Bridgerton has finally been completed after several months of filming in the UK.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dbbfb505b900a19283f5231af1c8021e.jpg

The Emmy-nominated period drama is scheduled to make its highly-anticipated return sometime in 2022. In his post, which features a photo of Van Dusen with the next installment’s new leads Simone Ashley and Jonathan Bailey, the showrunner went on to praise the cast and crew for their hard work.

“And that’s an official wrap on Season Two! I am so proud of this cast and crew who all brought their A-games to work each and every day in this very challenging year,” Van Dusen said. “I cannot wait for the world to see what we have in store for them.”

Based on Julia Quinn’s best-selling series of novels, spanning from 2000 to 2013, this smart feminist take on Regency England romance unveils the glittering, wealthy, sexual, painful, funny, and sometimes lonely lives of the women and men in London’s high society marriage mart as told through the eyes of the powerful Bridgerton family.

Bridgerton Season 2 will be based on the second book of Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton novels, titled The Viscount Who Loved Me which centers around the pursuit of a suitable marriage for the eldest Bridgerton sibling, Anthony, portrayed by Jonathan Bailey. The new season features the introduction of a new female lead in the form of Sex Education actress Simone Ashley as Kate Sharma.

Joining them are new characters including Shelley Conn (Liar) as Edwina Sharma, Calam Lynch (Benediction) as Theo Sharpe, Charithra Chandran (Alex Rider) as Edwina Sharma, and Rupert Young (The Secret Garden) as Jack along with Rupert Evans (The Man in the High Castle) in the key role of Edmund Bridgerton.

The cast for Bridgerton includes Phoebe Dynevor, Golda Rosheuvel, Jonathan Bailey, Luke Newton, Claudia Jessie, Nicola Coughlan, Ruby Barker, Sabrina Bartlett, Ruth Gemmell, Adjoa Andoh, Polly Walker, Bessie Carter and Harriet Cains and Julie Andrews as the voice of Lady Whistledown.

The series is being adapted by Scandal veteran Chris Van Dusen, who is serving as the showrunner and executive producer alongside Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers of Shondaland.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 1 day ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series