Man Utd great Robson urges Ole to speak with Ferguson: You shouldn't be afraid

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd great Robson urges Ole to speak with Ferguson: You shouldn't be afraid

Manchester United great Bryan Robson has urged manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to lean on Sir Alex Ferguson.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/017ccad86c40a80b4305aa49ba424c20.jpeg

Robson believes United have not drawn on Ferguson's immense experience nearly enough since the 79-year-old Scot retired in 2013.

"As a manager, you shouldn't be afraid of somebody like Sir Alex," said Robson to the Daily Mail. "I would be saying, 'Gaffer, can I take you for a bite of lunch?'

"I wouldn't be bothered if someone saw us in the restaurant. I would sit down with him and be picking things out. I'm not afraid of him losing me the job. I'd much sooner get his thoughts and ideas.

"If you want to implement them, you do. If you don't, then do your own thing. At the end of the day, as the manager you're the one who is going to get the bullet, nobody else."

Robson believes Ferguson would welcome the opportunity to have greater input at United, even though his age and health problems following a brain haemorrhage in 2018 would rule out a more active role.

"Since Sir Alex more or less retired, I think the only influence he's had was that he helped the club get Cristiano Ronaldo back. Other than that, he doesn't interfere.

"If people ever ask his advice, he'll tell it how it is. But he doesn't interfere with anybody at the club because he knows that everybody is scrutinising you.

"The club could tap into him more. They could exploit that experience where I don't think they have in the last six or seven years.

"Signing players, all that sort of thing. When you've got the experience and eye for a player that Sir Alex has, that would be a good area for him to be involved in because he's always going to have an opinion."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 9 hours ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello
Forum | 10 hours ago

I Am Willing to Appear in Court, But Afraid of Arrest – Yahaya Bello

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 10 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 12 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi