Chelsea boss Tuchel admits Lukaku facing longer on sidelines

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea boss Tuchel admits Lukaku facing longer on sidelines

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel admits Romelu Lukaku is facing longer on the sidelines.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ffd93efd749290e7ae1b4b9f57bddafa.jpeg

Tuchel says Chelsea will miss Lukaku at Leicester on Saturday, and are sweating on his fitness for the games against Juventus and Manchester United.

Lukaku has been missing for a month because of an ankle injury, suffered during the club's 4-0 Champions League win over Malmo on October 20. He is set to return to team training this weekend. Mateo Kovacic, meanwhile, is not close to returning.

In better news, Chelsea have Timo Werner, Christian Pulisic and Mason Mount all available, as they look to stay top of the Premier League.

"He's pushing hard," Tuchel said of Lukaku when asked about the upcoming games against Juve and United. "It's pure speculation and it will not help.

"All I can say is, at the moment, we try hard. There are a lot of ifs and I don't want to put pressure on him. He's putting pressure on himself.

"We will take things serious as always, have talks with doctors, physios, and the player."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 2 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 3 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Brown Admits Quavo’s Ex, Saweetie Cheated On Rapper With Him