Liverpool boss Klopp takes fresh aim at international calendar

Forum 2 years ago

Liverpool boss Klopp takes fresh aim at international calendar

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has taken fresh aim at the international calendar.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/65b6478427a1815888069efd1f986336.jpeg

Andrew Robertson and Jordan Henderson have returned from international duty carrying injuries ahead of their meeting with Arsenal.

"I hate international breaks," Klopp said.

"And it didn't help from an injury point of view. So, put it like this, if we would've played the week after, not again three days later, our players, for sure all the players who did not play, would've had two days off, with the national teams.

"They have trained through all this because coaches want to have their own targets and then they often think they have psychical work with the players.

"No. I don't like it."

He continued: "Andy Robertson didn't train with the team yet.

"The recovery stuff, the rehab stuff and... yeah, didn't train with the team yet.

"It's pretty close - but it will be a late, late, late, late decision on that."

And the rest of the squad?

"Sadio [Mane] is good. Fabinho came back. He is in recovery, so I can hope he can train today. That's the plan; I didn't yet hear anything different but in the. end, we will have to wait until tomorrow."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Panic As Gunmen Go Wild, Kill Student, 2 Others In Fresh Plateau Attack
Forum | 3 days ago

Panic As Gunmen Go Wild, Kill Student, 2 Others In Fresh Plateau Attack

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 3 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 59 mins ago ‘He has been excellent’ – Southampton boss thumbs up Aribo’s display

Money Laundering: Kano Anti-Graft Commission Files Fresh Charges Against Ganduje
Forum | 1 week ago

Money Laundering: Kano Anti-Graft Commission Files Fresh Charges Against Ganduje