Lionel Messi to Return to Barcelona

Forum 2 years ago

Lionel Messi to Return to Barcelona

Barcelona has announced that Lionel Messi could return to the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1e1bbf1af79e2d3972155482e9b07e91.jpg

Barcelona’s president confirmed the news as he refused to “rule out anything.”

The Argentine superstar spent 21 years with the Catalan side, winning every trophy and shattering numerous records before he was forced to leave last summer due to the club’s dismal financial situation.

Messi, 34, reportedly did not want to leave his beloved club and cried at his farewell press conference before joining French giants Paris Saint-Germain.

But Barcelona president Joan Laporta has now hinted that the magician may end up back at the Camp Nou before he calls time on his illustrious career.

Laporta, who resumed his post as Barcelona president earlier this year after Josep Bartomeu’s arrest, hinted that the door is open for both Messi and legendary midfielder Andres Iniesta to return to Catalonia.

He said: “I don’t rule anything out. It happened with Dani [Alves], age is a number.

“They’re two great players. I can’t predict what will happen tomorrow, they’re still playing & contracted to other clubs. You never know…”

His comments follow the arrival of iconic full-back Dani Alves, who returned to the club this week after six years, re-joining former teammate and new manager, Xavi Hernandez.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series