ASUU: Education Cannot Be Funded By Government Alone – Ngige

Forum 2 years ago

ASUU: Education Cannot Be Funded By Government Alone – Ngige

Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige has stated that education cannot be funded by the government alone.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8e510f6ed9caafaaf1ede59a8198a5e0.jpg

Ngige stated this on Tuesday when he made an appearance on Channels TV’s Politics Today while responding to questions about the impending industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

“I know that because I schooled here in Nigeria. I did my primary education, secondary and university here and I did my post-graduate outside the country. But I can tell you, in other climes education is not only done by government”.

“The state of education here is not anything to cheer about, I agree. The standard has fallen, I agree. But education cannot be funded by Government alone,” the minister said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions
Forum | 3 days ago

Yemi Alade fumes as she queries Lagos State government over recent series of house demolitions

Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Tinubu’s Government Has Not Borrowed From CBN – Finance Minister

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Wike: You’ve Dug Your Pits by Disrespecting Me – Fubara to Local Government Chairmen

APC Chairman Ganduje Reacts As Kano Government Files 8-Count Charge Against Him For ‘Receiving $200k’ From Contractor
Forum | 1 month ago

APC Chairman Ganduje Reacts As Kano Government Files 8-Count Charge Against Him For ‘Receiving $200k’ From Contractor