First Miss Nigeria, Grace Atinuke Turns 90 today

Forum 2 years ago

First Miss Nigeria, Grace Atinuke Turns 90 today

Grace Atinuke, the first-ever Miss Nigeria has turned 90 yesterday, November 17.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3895fd70f692d40962324a919948bb2f.jpeg

Aside from her past achievements, she was recently also rewarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award by Moore Media Africa.

Oyelude revealed in the past that she became Miss Nigeria by accident.

Her brother who was a broadcaster saw the advertisements for the pageant in the papers and entered her for the competition without her knowledge in Lagos even though she was still residing in Kano.

After she won the pageant, which came with 200 Pounds prize money and a return ticket to London for two weeks, she gained admission into the school of nursing, Ashford Kent, England, and became a state registered nurse in 1961.

She enrolled at the school of midwifery, St. Thomas Hospital, London, where she qualified as a state registered midwife SCM in 1962.

She also attended the Royal College of Nursing, England in 1971 and obtained a Diploma in Nursing and Hospital Administration and in 1976, obtained another diploma from Ghana Institute of Management and Personnel Administration.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 1 hour ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 6 hours ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido
Forum | 6 hours ago

I’m Only GOAT in Nigeria – Davido