Man City ace Bernardo admits asking to come off in Portugal defeat

Forum 2 years ago

Man City ace Bernardo admits asking to come off in Portugal defeat

Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva admits he asked to be substituted during their defeat to Serbia.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/982487816d08cd0ef715e1c7237178e0.jpeg

Sunday night's loss sees Portugal now heading for a playoff in March to reach the 2022 World Cup.

Bernardo admitted he was not up to full match fitness, and that he asked to be substituted when he made way for Bruno Fernandes on 63 minutes.

"I played a little bit limited," he said.

"I tried to give my best until the moment came when I thought that another player would be in better conditions."

He added: "I apologise to the Portuguese [fans] who watched a game they shouldn't have watched. The plan was to try to have the ball, we were completely dominated by Serbia. With the quality of our players this is hardly admissible."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 18 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 19 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 21 hours ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 23 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara