Spain coach Luis Enrique on World Cup qualification: Huge weight off my shoulders

Forum 2 years ago

Spain coach Luis Enrique on World Cup qualification: Huge weight off my shoulders

Spain coach Luis Enrique admitted relief after their World Cup qualifying win against Sweden.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/71fb749cd830bfad672702d1051ae25c.jpeg

The result saw Spain earn a place in next year's World Cup in Qatar.

Enrique later said: "It's one of the happiest. The players have had faith. It is an excellent group. I have great memories of all those who have been coming. This belongs to everyone. We are already in the next World Cup. I have lifted a great weight off me from above.

"I have felt more pressure in these games than in the Euros. We have tried to work a lot on the psychological aspect and on the positive. Today the players have been very good. In the second they have left us more space and we have created chances to win the game."

He added: "Today I told the players that we were closing a cycle. We have felt the support that fills the player. Seville is always a special place. It would have been very ugly if we conceded a goal at the end.

"Álvaro (Morata) deserves it. There is no player who can handle the criticism more and celebrate this victory."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 3 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 5 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie