JUST IN!!! Court Jails 17 Internet Fraudsters In Enugu State

Forum 2 years ago

JUST IN!!! Court Jails 17 Internet Fraudsters In Enugu State

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has secured the conviction of 17 internet fraudsters.

The anti-graft agency arraigned them on November 11 before Justice I. M. Buba of the Federal High Court in Enugu.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/456c8339752bd20a6d69c8354c93f816.jpg

The defendants include Augustine Dimgba Ikeoha, Orji Patrick Onyebuchi, Egwu Collins Somto, Echezona Emmanuel Nwoye, Ohazuruike Christian.

Emeli Ikenna, Echebiri Ifeanyichukwu Victor, Echefulam Uche, Ameh David Owenchochi, Tasie Henry Nzube, Ene Ndukaku Chinwendu, Innocent Chukwuemeka.

The rest are Onyebuchi Victor Okwaodu, Ikeja Eyerinbi, Chukwu Miracle, Emmanuel Murewa and Ejike Prince.

They faced separate charges bordering on criminal impersonation and obtaining money by false pretences.

Their offence was contrary to Section 22 (2)(b)(i)(ii)(iii) and punishable under Section 22(2)(b) of the Cybercrimes(Prohibition, Prevention, Etc) Act 2015.

EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren announced their conviction in a statement on Monday.

Justice Buba sentenced 15 of them to one year imprisonment with an option of N1million fine. They will forfeit their phones to the federal government.

Ohazuruike Christian was sentenced to one year imprisonment with an option of N500,000 fine. His phone is also now a property of federal government.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8b4783956c75b6e55f2ad0b0bb2d8ea3.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 8 hours ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 8 hours ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 23 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 23 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension