Dwayne Johnson Wants To Be the Next James Bond

Forum 2 years ago

Dwayne Johnson Wants To Be the Next James Bond

Dwayne Johnson has quickly skyrocketed into one of the biggest movie stars in the world, and now, he’s got his eyes set on an iconic movie character.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6e14dfff88609eabb90edcecc8ccbad5.jpg

Speaking to Esquire, Johnson said that he would love to play none other than James Bond. For Johnson, playing the world-famous spy would be following in his family’s footsteps, as his grandfather — Peter Maivia — played a villainous henchman in the 1967 Bond film You Only Live Twice.

“Yes, my grandfather was a Bond villain in You Only Live Twice with Sean Connery,” Johnson said (transcription via Fightful). “Very, very cool. I would like to follow in his footsteps and be the next Bond. I don’t want to be a villain. Gotta be Bond.”

While the debate around who will take up the mantle as the next James Bond rages on, fans across the world all have different ideas on who they would like to play. Johnson may not end up getting the chance to play the iconic character, but his comments show that he’s not afraid to put his name into the ring and potentially speak it into existence.

The latest James Bond Film, No Time to Die, saw Daniel Craig appear as the character for the final time. The film was directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama
Forum | 3 days ago

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series