Nigerian musician, Wizkid has set a new record on the Billboard world albums chart.
This comes after Wizkid's album 'Made in Lagos' becomes the 1st Nigerian album to spend 1 year on the chart, according to Billboard Music.
After it's arrival on the billboard charts in October 2020, the album has spent 4 weeks at no1, which is also the longest time a Nigerian artiste has stayed at the no1 spot - the only other album being Burnaboys twice as tall which was at the top spot for 1 week.
Longest charting Nigerian albums on the billboard charts are as follows:
1. WizKid 'made in Lagos' (2020) - 52 weeks
2. Fela 'the best black president' (1999) - 45 weeks
3. Burnaboy 'African giant' (2019) - 36 weeks
4. Davido 'A good time' (2019) - 25 weeks
5. Burnaboy 'Twice as tall' (2020) - 12 weeks
6. CKay 'the first' (2020) - 6 weeks
7. WizKid 'Sounds from the other side' (2017) - 4 weeks