Arsenal boss Arteta would welcome club role for Wenger

3 weeks ago

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta would be happy if Arsene Wenger made a return.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a190239766b603bfa664bc0d9d9e1c2d.jpeg

The Spaniard admits he would relish aid from the Gunners legend, who was at the club for 22 years.

Arteta said: "If it was not for him I would not be in the position I am today and I wouldn't have enjoyed the career I had.

“I was still young and I had my ideas, but he was a different level of inspiration on how I looked at the game.

"He was very good at being able to transmit what a football club meant into the players and he put different question marks on me. That is why I started to study and take coaching much more seriously."

Wenger has not strictly ruled out a return to football management and currently occupies a post with FIFA as Chief of Global Football Development.

However, Arteta admitted he would welcome the 72-year-old back at the club in some form of role.

The Spaniard added: “I would like him to be more present at the club. I think the players would love him, benefit, and be inspired to have him around and I think for the club it would be a huge boost.

"It was so intense for him for over 20 years and you need to get away a little bit, but I think it would be so beneficial for all parties to have him more present."

Related Forums
Italiano unsure of Fiorentina plans for Spurs, Arsenal target Vlahovic
Forum

Italiano unsure of Fiorentina plans for Spurs, Arsenal target Vlahovic

10 hours ago
Leeds boss Bielsa insists Phillips making good progress
Forum

Leeds boss Bielsa insists Phillips making good progress

10 hours ago
Man Utd boss Rangnick in talks with agent of RB Leipzig midfielder Haidara
Forum

Man Utd boss Rangnick in talks with agent of RB Leipzig midfielder Haidara