Arsenal boss Arteta would welcome club role for Wenger

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal boss Arteta would welcome club role for Wenger

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta would be happy if Arsene Wenger made a return.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a190239766b603bfa664bc0d9d9e1c2d.jpeg

The Spaniard admits he would relish aid from the Gunners legend, who was at the club for 22 years.

Arteta said: "If it was not for him I would not be in the position I am today and I wouldn't have enjoyed the career I had.

“I was still young and I had my ideas, but he was a different level of inspiration on how I looked at the game.

"He was very good at being able to transmit what a football club meant into the players and he put different question marks on me. That is why I started to study and take coaching much more seriously."

Wenger has not strictly ruled out a return to football management and currently occupies a post with FIFA as Chief of Global Football Development.

However, Arteta admitted he would welcome the 72-year-old back at the club in some form of role.

The Spaniard added: “I would like him to be more present at the club. I think the players would love him, benefit, and be inspired to have him around and I think for the club it would be a huge boost.

"It was so intense for him for over 20 years and you need to get away a little bit, but I think it would be so beneficial for all parties to have him more present."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Drama As Adeleke’s Two Wives Print Separate Posters To Welcome First Lady, Remi Tinubu
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama As Adeleke’s Two Wives Print Separate Posters To Welcome First Lady, Remi Tinubu

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves