Spotify Celebrates Ayra Starr As Artiste For November

Forum 2 years ago

Spotify Celebrates Ayra Starr As Artiste For November

Nigerian singer, Ayra Starr, has been celebrated by Spotify as she joins the Equal Music Programme as the Equal Africa artiste of the month of November.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1ae02d2bc50138d7293ccc359da47b51.jpeg
This was made known in a statement by Spotify’s Head of Music for Sub-Saharan Africa, Phiona Okumu, said Spotify welcomes Ayra as she joins the list of fierce African women making waves in music.

Okumu said that the 19-year-old singer is a burgeoning Nigerian Afro-Pop and R&B singer whose charismatic music style was daring, undaunted impacting and empowering people, especially those who needed encouragement.

Ayra welcomed the acknowledgement given gender dynamics in the music industry.

”It feels good to be a part of the generation that is changing the narrative and being appreciated for our contribution to society, irrespective of the sector and age.

”I am grateful to Spotify EQUAL for this feature that shines a light on women in a male-dominated industry, it makes me feel seen, and I am sure it is done so for everyone who has been featured before me,”
 she said.

As the latest artiste to join the EQUAL Music Programme, Ayra Starr will also feature on Spotify’s Times Square billboard in New York.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija Star, Nina Ivy Celebrates Son At Four, Recalls Challenging Birth Experience
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star, Nina Ivy Celebrates Son At Four, Recalls Challenging Birth Experience

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 4 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

Portable
Forum | 5 days ago

Portable's Son, Teslim Celebrates 5th Birthday

Former Wife Of Ooni, Olori Naomi Celebrates 31st Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

Former Wife Of Ooni, Olori Naomi Celebrates 31st Birthday