Anambra Election: How I Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers – INEC Official

Forum 2 years ago

Anambra Election: How I Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers – INEC Official

The Returning Officer in the ongoing governorship election for Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra, Micheal Otu, said election did not hold in the local government he presided over because he was locked up in the toilet and forced to sign election papers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/af2c3889e8f893dd2648b778719c3d6a.jpg

“I was made to sign the election papers under duress,” Mr Otu narrated during collation of results at Akwa on Sunday.

“I almost collapsed. I was locked in a toilet. As far as I’m concerned, there was no election in Orumba North.”

Mr Otu’s statement comes amidst reports that the governorship election held on Saturday was peaceful, free and fair throughout the state.

Orumba North has 93,608 registered voters.

INEC has taken a break from the ongoing collation of results to examine if election actually took place at Orumba North Local Government Area, or not.

From results of 16 local government areas collated so far Charles Soludo of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) won 15, while Valentine Ozigbo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won Ogbaru LGA.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials
Forum | 1 day ago

Activist Drags Soludo, Others to Court For Running Anambra LGs With Unelected Officials

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 1 day ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 5 days ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge