This Will Hurt Forever' - Actress Zainab Balogun Mourns The Death Of Her Cousin Who Died In Collapsed Ikoyi Building

Forum 2 years ago

This Will Hurt Forever' - Actress Zainab Balogun Mourns The Death Of Her Cousin Who Died In Collapsed Ikoyi Building

Popular Nigerian superstar actress, Zainab Balogun has mourned her cousin, Samuel Iwelu, who died in the collapsed 21-storey building in Ikoyi,

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/afa72a31aeff12164772ef8c487ae2e8.jpg

The body of the UK returnee was retrieved from the rubble of the collapsed building and confirmed dead.

Samuel's sister, Ann Iwelu, had shared the last video he made while entering the structure on Monday, November 1.

Samuel, 35, was said to have come to Nigeria from the UK for a wedding in Abuja. There he met the developer, his friend who told him of a massive structure he was constructing in Lagos. They flew to Lagos to see the construction. Sadly, that was the last time anyone heard from him.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f6a61ac50bcc063bb4a1d5b2121aeda4.jpg

Taking to her social media accounts, Zainab Balogun, described Samuel as "more than her cousin"

"Dear Sammy, I really don’t know where to start. Sammy I’m going to miss you. More than you could ever know. I wish I could tell you more about what you mean to me," SHE WROTE.

"You were more than my cousin, you were my big brother. You took care of me. Distance wasn’t enough to stop you. You always looked for me Sam, even when I didn’t want to be found. I admire your vulnerability

"Your ability to wear it all on your sleeve. You showed me so much love. All of us. It hurts when I read your messages now. Just when i think I’m done crying, It all comes back. This is hard for us Sam. Really hard!

"You gave SOOOO much of yourself to everyone. Literally poured out like a tap. I’d ask you for 1 and you’ve give me 10. You are the definition of selfless!! I’m going to miss hearing your funny laugh, giant stories and seeing that big smile

“Yo Tobi, kilonsele!” I won’t hear you say that again or rescue me last minute like you always do. You shouldn’t have gone like this and like we’ve said, they had to take down a whole building Mighty Sam. This will never be ok and will hurt forever. I would end this by saying sleep well but knowing you, you’re probably on the move in heaven with a fast car already. Man like Sammy, I really love you brother."

She also shared a screenshot of their conversation.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6140e6bc50fcc60ad328668de2e5c737.jpeghttps://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69ae07a1ffd30de350752df9c0129ee8.jpeg

Meanwhile, the Assistant Welfare Secretary at Central Association of Nigerians in the UK, Hon. MaryBukola Fadahunsi Adekugbe, confirmed the sad news on Facebook on Friday.

"Today is not a good day for us as UK diasporan, Samuel Iwelu’s body has just been retrieved from the collapsed building in Lagos. Samuel, 35, visited Nigeria for a wedding and went to visit the 21 storey collapsed building @ Ikoyi on his way to the airport when tragedy struck. His aunt Pauline George is the Deputy Mayor of the London Borough of Lambeth. May his soul rest in peace." she wrote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jumoke Aderounmu Was Not Sick, She Died In Her Sleep – Family
Forum | 2 days ago

Jumoke Aderounmu Was Not Sick, She Died In Her Sleep – Family

Police Arrest Man For Allegedly Stabbing His Wife
Forum | 4 days ago

Police Arrest Man For Allegedly Stabbing His Wife's Friend to Death in Asaba

Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy
Forum | 4 days ago

Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy

Junior Pope: We Rescued 7 Persons, 2 Died And 3 Bodies Are Yet To Be Recovered - NIWA Speak On Boat Accident
Forum | 5 days ago

Junior Pope: We Rescued 7 Persons, 2 Died And 3 Bodies Are Yet To Be Recovered - NIWA Speak On Boat Accident