JUST IN!!! Residents Cries Out As Rainfall Wreaks Havoc In Osun Community

Forum 2 years ago

JUST IN!!! Residents Cries Out As Rainfall Wreaks Havoc In Osun Community

Properties worth millions of Naira have been destroyed following the havoc wreaked by heavy rainstorm in Erinmo and surrounding towns on Sunday evening.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ebfd6e9b0d6ecc763e432f8aea34fadb.jpg

The Elerinmo of Erinmo, Oba Michael Odunayo Ajayi, who spoke on the development, called on the Osun State Government and the Osun State Emergency Management Agency (OSEMA) as well as the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to come to the rescue of the affected residents.

According to Oba Ajayi, roofs and walls of over 52 houses, three church buildings, Erinmo Civic Centre, 21 shops and the entire palace fence were completely destroyed.

Also affected were large billboards, households, consumables, electricity poles and cables at Temidire, Oke-Ode, Odo-Oja, Odi-Olowo, Ogbon-Idimi and Imogun.

The monarch, who lamented the suffering of the people who have been rendered homeless and helpless by the calamity, called on the authorities to expedite action as majority of the people in the affected communities were aged and retirees who had returned home after working actively for many years.

The Chairman of the Oriade Local Government Area, Olubunmi Obeisun and Special Assistant to the Osun State Governor on Bureau of Social Services (BOSS), Abolade Ajakaye, who were on site to inspect the damage, promised government’s intervention.

Most hits were church buildings, schools, town hall, shops, palace fence and private residences.

Recall that the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMET) had forecast that heavy rains should be expected towards the end of the year in the Southern states of the country.

The government agency saddled with the responsibility of weather forecast for Nigeria also added that Osun State due to its topographical nature would be worst affected.

Residents and home owners near river banks and waterways were also advised to relocate because of rising water, occasioned by the increasing rainfall.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 5 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 11 hours ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 2 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 3 days ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies