In the event you've wondered if it is possible to find out what kind of personal information Facebook has stored and whether you can have a copy of it, you should know that you could do so by just following some simple steps.
You may be aware that Facebook has stored important information in their database, but you will be surprised on how much you have revealed about your personal life once you choose to go through this archive that portrays your activity in the platform since the very first day you decided to join it.
What kind of information will be included in the archive?
Depending on how long you have been using Facebook, the file you will download could be potentially enormous as it includes information about ads you have clicked on, likes on others' posts, logins, logouts, messages and locations from where you logged in.
It will also include events you've been invited to either the ones you've accepted to participate in or not, a list of those you follow, your hometown, every status update and much more.
How to download a copy of my information on Facebook
Facebook offers its users the option to download an archive of their own data via your popular social networks' account and to do so you just have to follow a few straightforward steps.
1. Log into Facebook, click the down-triangle icon at top right, and choose "Settings".
2. Tap "Download a copy of your Facebook data."
3. Then, tap "Download Archive."
4. Facebook will warn you process might take a few minutes, but you will be alerted when the file is ready.
5. By tapping "Download Archive" again, an archive will be downloaded with your entire history since registering on the platform.