My Mum Went Crazy The Day I Got Super Eagles Call-Up – Nigerian Striker, Moffi Opens Up

Forum 2 years ago

My Mum Went Crazy The Day I Got Super Eagles Call-Up – Nigerian Striker, Moffi Opens Up

There is no doubt at all that getting a call-up to the national team remains the peak of many players’ careers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d3fae5e535746f809ee84877aa7b595d.jpeg

Super Eagles striker Terem Moffi has revealed that his mum went totally crazy the day he got his first invitation to the national team.

Eagles coach Gernot Rohr handed Moffi his international debut in the 1-0 defeat to Cameroon in a friendly in Austria last June, after the powerful forward bagged 16 goals across all competitions, including 14 in Ligue 1, with three assists in 36 appearances.

In an interview with onzemondial, the 22-year-old centre forward said his mother went crazy after he informed her of his invitation.

He said, “When I received my first call, it was after the match against Bordeaux, I scored a hat-trick that day. I looked at my phone and it was inundated with messages.

“I told myself that it was related to my hat-trick and the different tags of people on the networks. After that, I scroll the messages on WhatsApp and I see a message from the coach (Gernot Rohr) saying, “Congratulations on your hat-trick, we would like to invite you to….

“I didn’t even reply to the message. I screened the message and sent it to my family group, my mom went totally crazy. It was something she had dreamed of all her life. It was completely crazy.”

The Lorient forward had since gone on to make three appearances for the Eagles but is yet to open his goals account for the country.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 24 mins ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 37 mins ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 1 hour ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 4 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist