Ballon d’Or: Pochettino reveals how choosing Messi caused problems with Neymar, Mbappe

Forum 2 years ago

Ballon d’Or: Pochettino reveals how choosing Messi caused problems with Neymar, Mbappe

Paris Saint-Germain manager, Mauricio Pochettino, has admitted that his comment on Lionel Messi deserving to win this year’s Ballon d’Or, has caused a “problem” inside the dressing room.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9c3a67a6f1254c10dcf63c6b38f84f31.jpg

Pochettino backed Messi to win a record-extending seventh award earlier this month.

Messi is joined on the 30-man shortlist by PSG teammates Gianluigi Donnarumma, Kylian Mbappe and Neymar.

However, after Pochettino chose the 34-year-old as his preferred winner, there was a reaction among the squad.

Mbappe and Neymar both have eyes on the individual prize too, which neither have ever won.

Pochettino told Diario Sport: “I had a problem saying that Messi should win the Ballon d’Or.

“Neymar and Mbappé told me why not them.

“In any case, it would be great for any player from Paris to win it, but Leo deserves it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 8 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 2 days ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with