How Former FCT Minister Tried To Nail Me –Tukur Mamu

Forum 8 years ago

How Former FCT Minister Tried To Nail Me –Tukur Mamu

Publisher of Desert Herald Newspaper, Malam Tukur Mamu, has recounted how former FCT minister, tried to lure him into retracting reports of the ex-minister’s alleged fraud and criminal activities in the ministry, in order implicate him.

Specifically, Mamu raised the alarm over what he described as “last-minute desperate attempts by the former FCT minister and the FCTA director of treasury, Ibrahim Bomoi to lure, implicate, ridicule, blackmail and rubbish” him (Mamu).

In a statement he issued yesterday, the publisher said the latest plan by Mohammed and his cronies was to get a soft-landing for their alleged numerous financial crimes in the FCTA as the new administration takes over.

Mamu recently returned from Dubai where he had been on self-exile, following the alleged desperate plots by the former minister, Bomoi and their cronies in the police to implicate, arrest or eliminate him.

He is presently defending himself in the courts, in a suit filed by Mohammed seeking to stop him from publishing a book entitled, ‘FCTA: The Rot Within’ in which he chronicled the corruption and impunity in the FCT administration in Mohammed’s tenure.

In the statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday, Mamu said Mohammed and his cronies had been in total confusion since former President Goodluck Jonathan conceded defeat to President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to him, the atrocities the minister and his accomplices committed are many, and it is little wonder they have been trying desperately to cover them up, adding that even with the ‘experience’ of Bomoi as a former auditor, it will be a Herculean task to conceal the transgressions convincingly.

“Bala Mohammed and his boys certainly know that the game is over even though they wished to continue with their several acts of vindictiveness, vendetta and impunity against me, even under the new government if they get the opportunity to do so.

“But I know that they or their lawyer, Joe Kyari Gadzama, are only deceiving themselves, or the lawyer is just making nonsense of them to get more money as he has been doing in the past.”

The publisher further noted that, in their latest plan to escape prosecution, Mohammed contacted a highly revered Sheikh, while he (Mamu) was in self-exile in Dubai, to mediate in the ongoing quarrel between them with a view to getting them to settle out of court.

He said on his arrival from Dubai, the Sheikh, whom he declined to name because of the respect he has for him, invited him (Mamu) to his house and tried to persuade him on the importance of reconciliation in Islam, telling him to forgive everything that had happened and to give them audience to hear what they (the ex-minister and the director) would say.

“It was then he told me that he was approached by some people to intervene between me and Bala/Bomoi and that Bomoi too had called him on phone and came to see him subsequently in Kaduna from Abuja on the orders of the then FCT minister,” the publisher said.

“I couldn’t decline when the Sheikh told me that he accepted Bomoi’s request to come back to Kaduna and discuss in his presence. And so Bomoi, on the orders of his minister, promptly came as scheduled and we discussed in the Sheikh’s residence for nearly four hours.”

Mamu added that Bomoi swore by the holy Qur’an and denied responsibility, insisting that everything that happened to him (Mamu) was orchestrated by his boss (Mohammad), their lawyer, Joe-Kyari Gadzama and the police.

He said his molesters had told the Sheikh through Bomoi during the said meeting that since they were leaving office, they wanted all of them to forgive themselves, “suspend all hostilities and shame the detractors”.

Mamu said a meeting was arranged for all of them, including the Sheikh, to meet with the then minister to further discuss and finalise an agreement on the stages for the reconciliation.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Falana Blasts Power Minister Over Electricity Tariff Increase
Forum | 1 day ago

Falana Blasts Power Minister Over Electricity Tariff Increase

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 6 days ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

I Once Tried To Copy Beyoncé - Singer, Fireboy
Forum | 1 week ago

I Once Tried To Copy Beyoncé - Singer, Fireboy

Lady Recounts How Lagos Motorist Bashed Her Car And Still Tried to Woo Her
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Lady Recounts How Lagos Motorist Bashed Her Car And Still Tried to Woo Her