My Nickname Was Given To Me By A Reverend Father – Commissioner Dj Wysei Reveals

Forum 2 years ago

My Nickname Was Given To Me By A Reverend Father – Commissioner Dj Wysei Reveals

Iwuagwu Patricia, the fast-rising Disk Jockey, popularly known as Commissioner DJ Wysei, stunned many of her fans when she revealed that she was confirmed dead for hours after falling from a two-storey building a few years ago.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/55ea8bd24aca0cb8922c947ef033b7d5.jpeg

The young DJ who shared her story via her Instagram page got a lot of comments from fans.

Speaking about her ordeal to SUNDAY SCOOP, Commissioner DJ Wysei said, “The story I shared on my IG page is an appreciation of life. A day to always remember. On September 22, the balcony of a two-storey building collapsed, my friend named Chisom died and I was able to pull through. I remember and appreciate God every year just like my birthday. It was an appreciation of life, little did I know it would be shared so much. But I thank God what the doctor said was not true, though I still feel little pain in my body today, I am grateful that my life is a testimony.

The talented DJ whose style has endeared her to fans also said her moniker was given to her by a Reverend Father who was her school principal in Secondary school.

She said, “Wysei was given to me by a Reverend father who was my secondary school principal. He said I was too wise as at my age then. So it became my nickname in school. I left school and wanted to add more ‘swag’ to the name after performing in a live band session. I felt like a DJ. I had to add DJ to Wysei. So basically, DJ Wysei was my nickname before I finally became a DJ . After I became a real DJ, people started calling me a small DJ because of my age, gender and stature. I wasn’t happy with it. I knew I was pretty young. Afterwards, a friend of mine saw me and said ‘you just dressed like a Commissioner’. I picked it immediately and added Commissioner DJ Wysei to my name. I said to myself, from now on people will respect me. I took the combinations seriously and copyrighted the name legally”.

Speaking on the sacrifices she has had to make for her career, she added, “I have controlled myself from a lot of peer pressure and used it to train and practice every day. There are so many times I deprive myself of outings and fun times with friends and even family gatherings. This is just to acquire Disc jockey skills right at the time. My friends sometimes say I am boring because I am always in my studio rehearsing just to become a better version of myself.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 2 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City