Leeds handed boost as Raphinha plays down injury concerns

Forum 2 years ago

Leeds handed boost as Raphinha plays down injury concerns

Leeds winger Raphinha has printed the damage he sustained in Saturday’s Premier League draw in opposition to Wolves is “not anything critical”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/29e9b5f19d77b6c332928e0ad0d4d3c1.jpg

The Brazilian world hobbled out of the 1-1 draw at Elland Street following a sliding problem from Wolves defender Romain Saiss early in the second one part.

Leeds had began the sport with out a host of first-team regulars, together with Kalvin Phillips and Patrick Bamford, and fanatics feared the worst when Raphinha returned to the bench on crutches.

Supervisor Marcelo Bielsa used to be ready to be told the total extent of the damage in his post-match press convention, however Raphinha mentioned later in an Instagram submit: “Hi guys, simply coming to mention I’m superb.

“It used to be not anything critical, so I’m again quickly. Thanks for the messages and fear.”

Saiss gained a yellow card for his 54th-minute take on, whilst Leeds fought again to rescue some degree and deny Wolves a fourth instantly top-flight win because of Rodrigo’s stoppage-time penalty.

Wolves seemed set to carry directly to their narrow lead after Hwang Hee-chan had notched his fourth objective in six Premier League appearances within the tenth minute.

However Leeds change Joe Gelhardt went down beneath Nelson Semedo’s problem and Rodrigo transformed his first objective of the season from the spot within the fourth minute of added time.

Teen Gelhardt, signed from Wigan in August 2020 for an undisclosed charge, helped spark Leeds’ comeback in simply his 2d Premier League look after stepping off the bench within the 62nd minute.

He compelled an excellent save from Wolves goalkeeper Jose Sa within the remaining levels sooner than his burst into the realm drew Semedo’s foul.

Gelhardt advised LUTV: “It used to be excellent, to return on and make my house debut in entrance of the fanatics within the Premier League, the noise used to be loopy.

“I went a little numb to be truthful. After I heard the noise, your whole tiredness is going away, you don’t really feel drained you simply really feel able.

“They’re like a twelfth guy available in the market, you’ll truly inform. It used to be a just right level at the board, the way in which we had them within the ultimate 20 mins, we can have had 3 on every other day.”

Wolves would had been catapulted into fourth position had they hung on, however skipper Conor Coady remained philosophical.

The England defender advised Wolves’ professional web site: “It’s difficult to take. Folks will glance and say we’ve come and defended, however I will’t provide an explanation for how difficult it’s coming right here. It’s this kind of other method of enjoying, how Leeds play.

“They make it difficult, with how intense they make it. We’ve conceded within the ultimate minute, so we’re dissatisfied, it appears like a loss.

“However we scored within the ultimate minute ultimate week (to win 3-2 at Aston Villa), these items occur, it comes round, so we take some degree and transfer on.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash

EPL: Man Utd confirm double injury blow ahead Chelsea clash
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Man Utd confirm double injury blow ahead Chelsea clash

EPL: Why I took Saka off against Man City – Arteta gives injury update
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Why I took Saka off against Man City – Arteta gives injury update