Patrick Vieira pleased with Palace progress despite lack of victories

Forum 2 years ago

Patrick Vieira pleased with Palace progress despite lack of victories

Patrick Vieira is raring to handle Crystal Palace’s loss of wins however is happy with the growth his squad have made since his summer season arrival.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/321eda6fe04b2b1ac86f23e9b90ab6fd.jpg

The Eagles have been held to a 1-1 draw by means of Newcastle on Saturday once they must have secured a 2nd Premier League victory of the season. Christian Benteke hit each the put up and crossbar, neglected a one-on-one and likewise noticed a overdue headed effort dominated out for a nasty after he had opened the scoring.

It supposed Callum Wilson’s surprise function – an overhead kick – rescued some extent for the guests at Selhurst Park, but it surely used to be but every other fixture the place Palace walked off at full-time feeling onerous completed by means of. It used to be additionally the tale of new video games with Arsenal and Brighton, the place the south Londoners conceded stoppage-time equalisers.

“There are at all times two techniques of seeing a end result like this and the best way we performed,” Vieira admitted after a 6th attract 9 league fits.

“I’m truly happy with the growth we produced from the primary sport in opposition to Chelsea to the place we’re. I believe there’s a truly just right figuring out from the gamers about what we attempt to do and the way we wish to do it.

“I see gamers at the box with a truly just right transparent thought of what I be expecting and what I would like from them, in order that is truly relatively certain, however within the different facet I wish to win soccer fits.

“They wish to win soccer fits and I consider the method we’re setting up is the correct one, however we need to stay operating.

“We need to stay operating on how we will be able to be extra medical in each packing containers after we are protecting and when we’ve a possibility to attain the targets. We need to fortify that a part of the sport to have extra likelihood of successful.”

Palace’s most effective luck within the department up to now stays the 3-0 overcome Tottenham in September they usually head to champions Manchester Town on Saturday.

If decided on once more it generally is a particular fixture for Eagles attacker Michael Olise, who hung out within the Voters academy earlier than he used to be launched.

Teen Olise would in the end discover a house at Studying, the place his doable shone via and ended in Palace spending £8million to safe his services and products all the way through pre-season.

Vieira passed the 19-year-old his complete debut in opposition to Newcastle and is aware of there’s extra to return from the teenager, including: “He every now and then used to be remoted and when he were given the ball at his ft he used to be in opposition to two or 3 gamers, so it used to be relatively tough for him to seek out the distance and specific his ability.

“However for the primary get started I used to be truly happy along with his paintings ethic and he delivered truly just right crosses for Christian. I used to be glad for him to begin the sport and he did what I used to be anticipating. He confirmed his ability however there’s nonetheless extra to return from him.”

Newcastle performed their first fit since Steve Bruce used to be sacked on Wednesday following a deficient begin to the season.

Whilst the Magpies stay with no league win after 9 video games, Wilson’s sensational overhead kick noticed them earn some extent within the capital, which used to be their first since Amanda Staveley’s Saudi-backed consortium finished its takeover of the north-east membership.

“After the week we had it used to be essential to get a good end result,” Wilson stated all the way through his broadcast interviews.

“It’s some extent at the board and one thing to construct on. It’s child steps – we’re moving into the correct manner.

“It’s important to keep skilled. We’re skilled athletes on the finish of the day. Whether or not the alternate is certain or now not, it’s a must to get on with it and check out and get a end result.

“I used to be looking forward to one alternative within the sport. Once in a while they arrive so prime so it used to be an instinctive end. I used to be happy it discovered the again of the online.”

The most productive movies delivered day by day

Watch the tales that topic, proper out of your inbox

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
 Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Crystal Palace join Raphael Onyedika chase

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 1 week ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat

Superman: James Gunn Confirms DCU Movie’s Villain, Gives Progress Update
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Superman: James Gunn Confirms DCU Movie’s Villain, Gives Progress Update