I Exchanged My 3-month-old Baby For N150k To Pay House Rent ― Mother Confesses

Forum 2 years ago

I Exchanged My 3-month-old Baby For N150k To Pay House Rent ― Mother Confesses

A 23-year-old mother of three, Miss Mercy Okon, who sold her 3-month-old baby for N150k has revealed that she needed the money to pay her house rent and offset other bills.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/431db1cf5579614781c834d4f8a37d52.jpg

She told Vanguard that it was out of poverty and desperation that she did what she did in a bid to help herself.

According to her, the father of the child left her when she was six months pregnant, and she has two other children that she left with her mother, since she just gave birth and can no longer continue with her food business.

“I have never done this before, my baby that I sold for N150k was to be able to raise money for house rents and sort myself out as it concerns other bills.

The father of the baby left us when I was six months pregnant, I had no choice as things were really hard for me, so I had to give out the baby, but initially the person who linked me up told me that, his brother wanted to marry me.

It was from there that I was offered N150k which I collected before handing over my three months old baby to them and in the process, police got involved and I was arrested,” she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 5 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 12 hours ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 12 hours ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 1 day ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce