''A Lot Of The Young People Who Identify With The #EndSARS Protest Are Doing So Because It Has Become Fashionable'' - Shagari's Grandson

Forum 2 years ago

''A Lot Of The Young People Who Identify With The #EndSARS Protest Are Doing So Because It Has Become Fashionable'' - Shagari's Grandson

According to Bello Shagari, the grandson of late former President Shehu Shagari, youths taking part in the #EndSARS protest are doing it to show off.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3fbb955823031749d7e2ee5215f4d1c8.jpeg

Bello in his Facebook post claimed that a lot of young people identify with the protest even though they have little understanding of the socio-political system.

According to him, young people should not focus so much on protests when they can mobilize others to "achieve a change in the entire political system, or to change our present realities, or at least to be in charge of them."

He Wrote;

“A lot of the young people who identify with the#EndSARS protest are doing so because it has become fashionable. It has become a thing of show off; that everyone is now an activist. Whereas most of them have little understanding of the socio-political system.

“However, my advise has always been that we should not focus too much in protests when we can do better by mobilising young peoples’ votes to achieve a change in the entire political system, or to change our present realities, or at least to be in charge of them.

“We must adopt a more progressive and strategic approach rather than the usual disruptive one which hasn’t yielded any meaningful results. You can’t be doing the same thing and expect a different result.

“Use the same energy and reinforce it into a political power at the polls.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/43ea8b4087374e9bcc847f4e2d0d9c20.jpeg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 15 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 4 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says