#EndSARSMemorial: Falana Tackles Police, Says Only Governors Have Power Over Rallies

Forum 2 years ago

#EndSARSMemorial: Falana Tackles Police, Says Only Governors Have Power Over Rallies

Popular human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN) has expressed that state governors, not the police are in charge of rallies.

Falana stated this on Tuesday at the commemorative lecture and public presentation titled, ‘One year after Endsars, 35 years after Dele Giwa and the quest to remake Nigeria’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a1b3278c9ae0e1f183e22c87426a782.jpg

Ahead of the #EndSARS anniversary, the police have warned against protests planned in different states.

Commenting on the development, Falana stated that it is the right of Nigerians to protest without license or permit issued by the police.

He pointed out that state governors are vested with the power to “manage public meetings, rallies and processions” under the Public Order Act.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat
Forum | 5 hours ago

Police Seal Off Benue APC Factional Secretariat

Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm
Forum | 5 hours ago

Powerful Political Interests Plotting To Blackmail Peter Obi – Aide Raises Alarm

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 5 hours ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive
Forum | 5 hours ago

Ex-Oyo Governor, Olunloyo Debunks Death Rumour, Says I’m Alive