Unknown gunmen attack Ebonyi police station, kill officer

Forum 2 years ago

Unknown gunmen attack Ebonyi police station, kill officer

The Police in Ebonyi State, yesterday, confirmed an attack on Effium Police Station in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of the state by suspected unknown gunmen.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3da4e76a06ef2e525a1c1f1be09020e0.jpg

One mobile police officer was killed in the attack that started around midnight on Sunday, while the station was completely razed in the attack.

The hoodlums were said to have thrown locally made dynamite into the station as soon as they arrived.

But, the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Mrs. Loveth Odah in an interview with newsmen, said the hoodlums attacked the police station with guns and petrol bombs.

She explained that two vehicles caught fire as a result of the petrol bomb launched at the station by the hoodlums before they were repelled.

She said: “About 23:50hours, on Sunday, yet-to-be-identified gunmen came into Ohaukwu Divisional Headquarters to attack the division and the men on duty. But they were quickly repelled.

“In the process, one police officer, a sergeant, paid the supreme price. They threw petrol bombs into the station and operational and exhibit vehicles packed inside the police station were burnt. That was what happened yesterday (Sunday).”

“I got news of the attack last night and I called the DPO, who confirmed the incident. I was told the hoodlums used locally made dynamites to attack the place and from the report of the police, a police officer died during the attack.

“But they were repelled. The policemen there, the MOPOL attached to the Local Government, the Area Command and the Ebubeagu jointly combined efforts and repelled the attackers. But unfortunately, one policeman lost his life.

Chairman of Ohaukwu Local Government Area, Mr. Clement Oda described the incident as unfortunate, noting that one of the offices at the station was badly damaged during the attack.

“I think the DCO’s office was damaged. That is the most affected part of the station in the attack”, he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 13 hours ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna
Forum | 18 hours ago

Bandits Kill 23 Villagers In Kaduna

Ebonyi Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Arrest Four Suspects For Transformer Theft (Photos)
Forum | 18 hours ago

Ebonyi Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Arrest Four Suspects For Transformer Theft (Photos)

Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger
Forum | 20 hours ago

Commotion As Customs Officer Gets Lynched In Katsina For Shooting Passenger