Drama As EFCC Busts 12 Suspected ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Ibadan

1 month ago

The suspects, mostly undergraduates, were nabbed following intelligence on their alleged involvement in internet-related crimes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/00bee0bbf3f415db161a5315f2c52aa0.jpeg

12 suspected internet fraudsters have been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren announced the operation in a statement on Friday.

The alleged scammers were apprehended at Alapata and Awotan areas of Ibadan.

The suspects, mostly undergraduates, were nabbed following intelligence on their alleged involvement in internet-related crimes.

Fraudulent documents and other instruments allegedly used in committing the crimes were recovered.

Uwujaren said a Toyota Corolla, sophisticated phones and laptops were also seized by operatives.

The suspects will be charged to court at the completion of investigations.

Related Forums
Bjorn Hardley, Zidane Iqbal in Man Utd squad for Young Boys clash
Forum

Bjorn Hardley, Zidane Iqbal in Man Utd squad for Young Boys clash

1 hour ago
She Is Drama Free - Fans Hail Genevieve Nnaji As She Returns To Social Media, Shares Epic Photo
Forum

She Is Drama Free - Fans Hail Genevieve Nnaji As She Returns To Social Media, Shares Epic Photo

2 hours ago
I Don’t Date Boys, Boys Make Me Angry, I Do Men – Blessing CEO Replies Fan
Forum

I Don’t Date Boys, Boys Make Me Angry, I Do Men – Blessing CEO Replies Fan

8 hours ago
Diabolical: The Boys Animated Series to Include Stories From Andy Samberg & More
Forum

Diabolical: The Boys Animated Series to Include Stories From Andy Samberg & More

1 day ago