Ballon D’Or 2021: I’m sick of Messi winning it – Evra roots for two Chelsea players

Forum 2 years ago

Ballon D’Or 2021: I’m sick of Messi winning it – Evra roots for two Chelsea players

Former France and Manchester United defender, Patrice Evra, has said he is sick of Lionel Messi winning the Ballon D’Or award.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b99d7f10a73f1abe5097c08d7457a4d2.jpg

Messi is again hot favourite to win the prize this year, when the event holds November 29 in Paris.

The 34-year-old is looking to claim the Ballon D’Or for a record-extending seventh time in his career.

His rival, Cristiano Ronaldo, is the closest to him with five awards.

However, Evra feels this year’s Ballon D’Or should go to any of Chelsea midfielders N’Golo Kante or Jorginho.

“In my opinion, this Ballon d’Or is for [N’Golo] Kante or Jorginho, he deserves it! I do not understand why people say ‘He’s just a midfielder’, he won everything! Participating a lot in these triumphs.

“In my opinion, it’s an injustice [if Jorginho does not win it]. I’m sick of giving it to [Lionel] Messi.

“What did he win last year? Ok, the Copa America, but with Barcelona, what did he do? Last year, Jorginho also won trophies that didn’t exist, so for me it’s an absolute injustice [if he does not win it],” Evra said on Prime Video Sport.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 2 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United