Is This Right? My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled

Forum 2 years ago

Is This Right? My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled

Hello guys, I have something very disturbing to share.

As I type this, I’m currently sick and there are so much anger and pain within.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6f47fcfb877379a3ac118ff2234c19a5.jpg

I haven’t been able to eat or drink since I got the news from my neighbour who told me that my landlord came to the house with a strange face, broke the locks to my apartment and packed my things out.

I sent a relative to confirm, and she said everything is outside, but he went with my TV set.

I called the landlord to ask what he has done, he blatantly lied telling me I sent my ‘brother’ to clear my things off the apartment that he has reported me to police.

Yes, I owe him 8months rent, and I’ve been away for 13 months even before the last year rent I paid expired.

I told him I’ll be back by November, and I’ll pay once I get in.

Please even though I owe him, it doesn’t feel right stealing my property and throwing the rest in the rain

Please I’m lost and in need of legal advice.

While I’m not absolving myself of the guilt that I owe the landlord this long and purely due to loss of job (COVID-19 problems) and there’s no way I go there and get my stuff without paying the backlog.

He freaking broke in and kept what he desired for himself and lied he didn’t.

What Should I Do?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 4 days ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy

Your Post Broke My Heart - Opeyemi Aiyeola Writes to Jamiu Azeez
Forum | 1 week ago

Your Post Broke My Heart - Opeyemi Aiyeola Writes to Jamiu Azeez

Asake’s ex-lover shares information about singer, reveal why she broke up with him
Forum | 1 week ago

Asake’s ex-lover shares information about singer, reveal why she broke up with him

“What did broke men ever do to you?” – Taymesan to Nigerian women
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“What did broke men ever do to you?” – Taymesan to Nigerian women