Kennis Music Not Dead We Went Offline – Kenny Ogungbe Speaks

Forum 5 years ago

Kennis Music Not Dead We Went Offline – Kenny Ogungbe Speaks

Kenny Ogungbe, popularly known as Baba Keke, has explained why Kennis Music has not been active in the Nigerian music industry recently.

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, Baba Keke said there was nothing wrong with Kennis Music, insisting that he deliberately didn’t sign any artiste in the last six years. He said,

“Kennis Music has decided to look at another aspect of the entertainment business. We do not want to promote more than one artiste anymore. We had artistes that didn’t want us to renew their contracts and we were also not interested in working with them any longer. Jaywon is a good example.

“We wanted to stop music promotion so that we can focus on our radio station. If we sign an artiste, we have to do promotions, take care of his welfare, do good videos and other things. We are still relevant with Joe El and we are happy with him. But this does not mean music production has ended for Kennis Music.”

Baba Keke, who recently celebrated the first year anniversary of his radio station, Kennis FM, also stated that he intentionally didn’t want to speak on the allegations that Kennis Music was cheating artistes. He said,

“The management fees we were collecting on 2Baba was 15 per cent and they said we had eaten all his money. I heard all the things people said about us .Once you are a progressive person, they will say ugly things about you.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
ABC Renews 7 Shows, Cancels Not Dead Yet
Forum | 3 days ago

ABC Renews 7 Shows, Cancels Not Dead Yet

Ovoke’s death an act of God – Family, Brickhall school speaks after burial
Forum | 4 days ago

Ovoke’s death an act of God – Family, Brickhall school speaks after burial

I’m very calm – Vinicius Jr speaks on winning 2024 Ballon d’Or
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m very calm – Vinicius Jr speaks on winning 2024 Ballon d’Or