Villarreal’s Danjuma explains why he dumped Nigeria for Netherlands

5 days ago

Villarreal forward, Arnaut Danjuma, has admitted that although he loves Nigeria, the Netherlands is the team after his heart.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/eb3b8717bdbfc953336da1f8a7f49597.jpg

Danjuma was rumoured to be keen in switching allegiance to the Super Eagles in the past.

However, the former Bournemouth winger was handed a late call up to the Dutch senior side by Louis Van Gaal for their 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Gibraltar.

The 24-year-old marked his debut for the Oranje by scoring in the 6-0 win Gibraltar, after being introduced in the second half.

After the game Danjuma said: “I feel Dutch and I have always wanted to play for the team after my heart.

“Nigeria is a country I love but playing for them is an option I see as a fall back if I don’t get my chance here. I’m here now and I want to make it count.”

Danjuma was born in Lagos, Nigeria, but his family moved to the Netherlands. He has a Nigerian mother and a Dutch father.

Related Forums
Nigerian Air Force Denies Paying N20Million To Bandits In Exchange For Anti-aircraft Weapons To Protect Buhari
Forum

Nigerian Air Force Denies Paying N20Million To Bandits In Exchange For Anti-aircraft Weapons To Protect Buhari

1 day ago
MTN Nigeria Gifts Subscribers Airtime, Data Due To October 9 Outage
Forum

MTN Nigeria Gifts Subscribers Airtime, Data Due To October 9 Outage

1 day ago
Nigeria belongs to all citizens — Tambuwal
Forum

Nigeria belongs to all citizens — Tambuwal

1 day ago
Nigerian Singer, Temmie Ovwasa Accuses Her Ex-Label Boss, Olamide Of ‘Messing Her Mind Up’
Forum

Nigerian Singer, Temmie Ovwasa Accuses Her Ex-Label Boss, Olamide Of ‘Messing Her Mind Up’

2 days ago