Dwayne Johnson Had A ‘Meeting of Clarity’ With Vin Diesel After Infamous Instagram Post

Forum 2 years ago

Dwayne Johnson Had A ‘Meeting of Clarity’ With Vin Diesel After Infamous Instagram Post

It’s no secret that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Vin Diesel have had a contentious relationship throughout their acting careers. In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Johnson explained the feud in further detail.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2853d77fbb3c609270a0e5a2d17bbe4b.jpg

Shortly after appearing in Fast Five, Johnson and Diesel saw their relationship bubble over into the public. During production of the Fast & Furious franchise’s eighth film, The Fate of the Furious, Johnson eventually took to Instagram to share a now-infamous post, in which he not so subtly called out Diesel, referring to him as a “candy ass.”

“It caused a firestorm,” Johnson admitted. “Yet interestingly enough…[it was] as if every single crew member found their way to me and either quietly thanked me or sent me a note. But, yeah, it wasn’t my best day, sharing that. I shouldn’t have shared that. Because at the end of the day, that goes against my DNA. I don’t share things like that. And I take care of that kind of bullshit away from the public. They don’t need to know that. That’s why I say it wasn’t my best day.”

Johnson did note that he meant what he said in the post, but that putting it out into the public was something he acknowledges as “not the right thing to do.” The post did serve as the catalyst for a rumored meeting between the two, however, although Johnson said that the pair didn’t come out of it any friendlier.

“Well, there was a meeting,” said Johnson. “I wouldn’t call it a peaceful meeting. I would call it a meeting of clarity. He and I had a good chat in my trailer, and it was out of that chat that it really became just crystal clear that we are two separate ends of the spectrum. And agreed to leave it there.”

The superstar went on to say that he and Diesel are just two completely different people, and from the sounds of it, it doesn’t seem like the two are any closer to squashing the potential beef they may have with one another. While Diesel seems more and more ready to explain away the issues, it seems like Johnson is content with simply chalking it up to them not being perfectly compatible.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP BoT Meeting Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

PDP BoT Meeting Begins

$20bn Dangote Refinery Slashes Diesel Price To N1,000 Per Litre
Forum | 2 days ago

$20bn Dangote Refinery Slashes Diesel Price To N1,000 Per Litre

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Daddio Trailer Previews Dakota Johnson & Sean Penn-Led Drama