It makes no sense – Southgate slams Wenger’s World Cup proposal

Forum 2 years ago

It makes no sense – Southgate slams Wenger’s World Cup proposal

England manager, Gareth Southgate, has criticized Arsene Wenger’s World Cup proposal as “making no sense”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/573a214201d9690f8722de0a400aecff.jpg

Southgate met with Wenger two months ago and was open to changes in the football calendar which would see a World Cup every two years.

But now, Southgate claims “they seem to change every time” he speaks about FIFA ’s proposals to Football Association chief executive Mark Bellingham and he has major reservations about the new-look calendar.

One of FIFA chief Wenger’s plans is to revamp the international calendar and only have one international window and Southgate says that is a bad idea for players.

“If there were maybe slightly fewer windows but you get players together for a longer period of time, that might help the clubs and the international teams, but if there’s only one per year, I don’t really understand that as a concept from Fifa when international football is so important a part of what you do.

“As I said at the start, if you’re a player and you miss that one month or however long a break’s supposed to be, you don’t have an international career at all that year, that doesn’t seem to make sense to me,” Southgate said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting
Forum | 23 hours ago

Ugochinyere Slams PDP Governors, Leaders For Allowing Wike to Attend Caucus Meeting

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 3 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

Deeone Slams Phyna For Neglecting Her Father, Offers Him N500K
Forum | 3 days ago

Deeone Slams Phyna For Neglecting Her Father, Offers Him N500K