Jason Reitman Hopes Ghostbusters: Afterlife ‘Sets the Table’ for Future Films

Forum 2 years ago

Jason Reitman Hopes Ghostbusters: Afterlife ‘Sets the Table’ for Future Films

Although Ghostbusters: Afterlife has yet to be released, director Jason Reitman teased the possibility of future Ghostbusters films during a recent panel at New York Comic Con.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4bc31a5a7eb6fd6d4da227f5275e06eb.jpgAt a panel for the upcoming film (via The Hollywood Reporter), which also included a surprise screening for the fans in attendance, Reitman said that their goal with Afterlife was to make a film that allowed for future stories to be told, whether that be from him or from any other director who may dive into the franchise.

“We wanted to make a movie that opened the universe to all kinds of stories,” Reitman said. “I want to see Ghostbusters movies from all of my favorite directors and I hope this movie sets the table for them.”

Currently, plans for the future of the series are unknown, although it’s hard to imagine Sony not wanting to dive into more films if Ghostbusters: Afterlife succeeds when it releases.

In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, in hopes of starting a new life, a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town to move into a beaten-down farmhouse in Oklahoma that they’ve inherited from their grandfather. However, they soon discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

A group of Emmy nominees will lead the film. Carrie Coon will play Callie, Mckenna Grace is playing Phoebe, Finn Wolfhard is Trevor, and Paul Rudd is going to be Mr. Grooberson. It will also feature the return of original Ghostbusters stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts as they reprise their iconic roles as Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, Dana Barrett, and Janine Melnitz, respectively.

Reitman (Juno, Young Adult, Tully) is directing Ghostbusters: Afterlife using a screenplay he co-wrote with Gil Kenan (Monster House, Poltergeist). Reitman is officially taking over from his father Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two films, with the original director serving as a producer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 15 hours ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies
Forum | 1 day ago

Top 10 Best Jason Statham Movies

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date