We Are Borrowing What We Can Pay Back In Our Limits – Buhari Tells Nigerians

Forum 2 years ago

We Are Borrowing What We Can Pay Back In Our Limits – Buhari Tells Nigerians

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians, who have expressed concern about recent borrowings by the Federal Government, that the debt level is still within sustainable limits.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c756bfa8cd0146c742194a5984667a73.jpg

The President gave the assurance on Thursday, October 7, while presenting the 2022 Appropriation Bill to a joint session of lawmakers at the National Assembly in Abuja.

“Some have expressed concern over our resort to borrowing to finance our fiscal gaps. They are right to be concerned. However, we believe that the debt level of the Federal Government is still within sustainable limits. Borrowings are targeted at specific strategic projects and can be verified publicly.

As you are aware, we have witnessed two economic recessions within the period of this administration. In both cases, we had to spend our way out of recession, which necessitated a resort to growing the public debt.

It is unlikely that our recovery from each of the two recessions would have grown as fast without the sustained government expenditure funded by debt,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam
Forum | 1 hour ago

German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians Over Dating Scam

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 21 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 21 hours ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 2 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna