Why Tuchel sticks with Werner at Chelsea – Darren Bent

Forum 2 years ago

Why Tuchel sticks with Werner at Chelsea – Darren Bent

Former Aston Villa striker, Darren Bent, has disclosed that Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, sticks with Timo Werner because the forward is clearly doing something right in terms of the ball.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d84ce8706eb6a07b7c25383dd9c95292.jpg

Bent also wants Tuchel to keep faith in Werner and start the Germany international every week in Chelsea fixtures.

Werner scored twice in Chelsea’s Premier League clash against Southampton last weekend but had one of the goals ruled out by VAR.

Speaking on Premier League Productions, Bent said, “He’s one of those players, Timo Werner, because his movement is so good in terms of running in behind, in and around the box, you have to play him.

“He’s always getting in there. His finishing could be better; he’s a little bit erratic in front of the goal.

“When you have got someone who gets that many chances, you have to keep playing him because he’s clearly doing something right in terms of off the ball. That is why Thomas Tuchel sticks with him. Maybe he’s not the most prolific, but he just keeps going and going and going.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: He’s only one I can think of – Jason Cundy hails Chelsea star after 2-2 draw

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Chelsea dressing room ‘silent’ after 2-2 draw with Sheffield Utd

UCL: Bayern told to sack Tuchel before Arsenal clash
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Bayern told to sack Tuchel before Arsenal clash