Ferguson, Solskjaer disagree over Ronaldo

Forum 2 years ago

Ferguson, Solskjaer disagree over Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for their 1-1 draw with Everton in the Premier League on Sunday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/20d4cfb79eee1d4962b0a36363c6963e.jpg

He said the Norwegian made a mistake by not starting Cristiano Ronaldo in the end.

Ronaldo was named on the bench on Saturday for the visit of Rafa Benitez’s Everton and that was the first game the Portuguese did not start for the Reds since making his second debut.

The 36-year-old has scored five goals in five matches before the Everton game – but Solskjaer said he wanted to ‘freshen’ his team up.

Antony Martial put United ahead on the stroke of half-time, but Andros Townsend broke the heart of the home fans and earned Everton a point through after the break.

Solskjaer defended his decision to bench Ronaldo after the 1-1 draw but Ferguson appears to disagree with him

Ferguson was filmed talking to Khabib at Old Trafford after Saturday’s draw and said: “But I also think that they [Everton] saw Ronaldo wasn’t playing…” as quoted by Metro.

Khabib replied: “Yeah, but he came on in the second half…”

Ferguson responded: “I know but you should always start with your best players.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 4 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry
Forum | 1 week ago

Rebecca Ferguson Received Phone Calls After Slamming Actor Who Made Her Cry

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer
Forum | 1 week ago

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer