Your reaction put immense pressure on Solskjaer – Neville criticises Ronaldo

Forum 2 years ago

Your reaction put immense pressure on Solskjaer – Neville criticises Ronaldo

Former Manchester United captain, Gary Neville has criticised Cristiano Ronaldo for storming down the tunnel following the club’s Premier League 1-1 draw with Everton at the weekend.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6313d40d11f671968591579b74bf4c72.jpg

Neville insisted that Ronaldo’s reaction put ‘immense pressure’ on Man United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Recall that Ronaldo, who was visibly angry after Man United drew Everton on Saturday at Old Trafford, stormed down the tunnel alone immediately after the final whistle was blown.

The Portugal captain was benched by Solskjaer during Man United’s clash with Everton as Edinson Cavani started ahead of him.

Speaking on his own podcast, Neville said: “I watched the game and I watched him walk off. I can’t say I like it.

“Is Cristiano upset when he doesn’t play? Yes. Is he upset when he doesn’t score? Yes. Is Cristiano annoyed as hell when the team doesn’t win? Of course. We know these things, he doesn’t need to prove that.

“He walked off the pitch muttering to himself, which in some ways threw the questions up in the air. “What’s he saying? Who’s he annoyed with?” And it can only come back to the manager.

“So I do think actions like that – Ronaldo is smart enough to know – will bring real pressure, more pressure on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

“It is what it is, but I think that has to be managed in the next couple of months. Cristiano won’t always score and can’t play every single game, but I think if he’s going to walk off like that, it’s going to put immense pressure on Ole.

“There’s no doubt the talk after the game was about the manager.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer
Forum | 1 week ago

Ex-Man Utd manager, Solskjaer turns down new job offer

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia