Mark Lawrenson predicts scorelines for Liverpool vs Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd games

Forum 2 years ago

Mark Lawrenson predicts scorelines for Liverpool vs Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd games

Former Liverpool star, Mark Lawrenson, has predicted the scorelines of some of the English Premier League, EPL, games that will be played this weekend.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/897f82d6e0711cd7cf3dcc75cd032e33.jpg

Chelsea will face Southampton at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, while Liverpool will host Manchester City on Sunday evening at Anfield.

Manchester United will tackle Everton at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon, and Arsenal will clash with Brighton in an away Premier League tie on Saturday evening.

Providing his predictions, Lawrenson told BBC Sport, “This will be a tough test for United, because we’ve seen how good Everton are under Rafa Benitez, and Solskjaer must cope without the injured Harry Maguire in his defence.

“But the arrival of Raphael Varane means they’re strong enough at the back now – plus Everton are still without Dominic Calvert-Lewin, so they’ll carry less of a threat. Man United 2, Everton 0.”

Commenting on the Chelsea vs Southampton game, Lawrenson said, “Chelsea have lost their past two games, against Manchester City and Juventus, but this isn’t the start of any serious slump.

“Southampton has looked good in some of their games, but that has not been enough for them to win one yet.

“A point is probably the best they can hope for again here and I don’t see them getting one. Chelsea 3, Southampton 0.”

Speaking on the Brighton vs Arsenal tie, Lawrenson said, “Brighton missed the chance to go top of the table on Monday but the way they snatched a point right at the end of their game against Crystal Palace will still give them a big lift.

“But Arsenal are on a bit of a roll at the moment. They’ll be smiling on Saturday evening anyway. Brighton 0, Arsenal 2.”

Commenting on the Liverpool vs Man City match, Lawrenson said, “Manchester City lost to Paris St-Germain in the Champions League in midweek, but they still put in a good performance.

“City will be right at it again here, but so will Liverpool.

“I’m at Anfield for this one and I can’t wait – these games are played at such a fierce intensity and are usually decided by fine margins. Liverpool 1, Man City 1.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 1 hour ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 1 day ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 1 day ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 1 day ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident